Saturday, May 23, 2009

So What's Worth More Than Wealth...

On Friday, May 22, 2009 at about 5:30 p.m. I looked into the eyes of the most precious gift God could have given me. My 18 year old daughter. She was all dress up for prom, looking just like her mother. Her smile lit the room as she walk from end to end taking photos with her friends, her brothers and sisters from my present marriage and other family members. But this day was not like any other day seeing her. One thing kept popping into my head and that was her birth. My daughter was not suppose to be here. Based on what the doctors told us. You see, her mother was a high risk patience (because of other miscarriages) and they did not expect her to go the full length of her pregnancy. The doctors scratched their heads every time we walk into the office for her weekly check-up. It was amazing seeing her grow every week, getting stronger and stronger as the pregnancy went on. She was a fighter. Now looking at my miracle child (young lady) standing there, so perfect, really put my life into perspective.

We are here, but only for a very short time. And we must make the most of it. A lot of her childhood without me was lose between the separation and us moving around. I lose out on a lot of her growing up. Time I can't get back.

But as she walked to the limo, holding hands with her date for the evening. I reach in and whispered to her "this is the start of a new beginning. Time to create new memories and experiences. Time for us to live life".

This experience has giving me a whole new outlook on my life. And what I do from this day forward. How I spend my time networking and building my business, to how must time I spend with my family doing what we love. It was like yesterday, I was headed this wonderful bundle of joy. Now she's all grown up and my heart is breaking, because I wish I could have been there for her first outing, her first date or just for advice. I guest this is just part of being a father.

All I know is, grabbing every opportunity to better yourself financially, should be equally balanced with family time. I would give a millionaire dollars to get each moment back. To give her the time and resource to make her life the best it could be. So we would never miss another moment. Her mother called me for this send off and I thanked her because it was wealth more than all the gold in the world to me.

Tabletop Wealth

No comments: